[Sca-cooks] catering peerage meetings.

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 18 09:38:50 PST 2002

david friedman wrote:

> >The baby Knight in Lochac is supposed to bring the beer, and the
> >baby Laurel, chocolate.
>
> I think that goes with my story of the kingdom that once awarded a
> Laurel for photography.

I know who you are talking about.  I think that is the kingdom of your
current residence, is it not?  I had thought perhaps that this elevation
was made before the invention of the Order of the Pelican, but closer
examination of the West Kingdom timeline and various orders of
precedence reveals otherwise;  the West Kingdom Order of the Pelican was
established in 1974 while the elevation was in 1978.  Possibly an
argument could be made for the Science of History-keeping, but really it
must remain one of those wacky SCA inconsistancies that keep life
interesting.

Much water has passed beneath the bridge, the barony of her residence
has passed to a younger kingdom,  photography [while a visual medium] is
more generally regarded as a service to the realm, and the lady in
question, while very much alive, has lived with the effects of a stroke
and attends about one event per year in a wheelchair and lots of help.
But you know what?  She still brings her camera with her every time.

Fondly, Selene