[Sca-cooks] Re: Foodie Peerage Ceremonies

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 18 09:48:06 PST 2002

> Me:  In any case, none of it stopped me from
> >challenging
> >Master Jamal to the next Iron Chef match.
>
> Æduin:
> And after you win it should be renamed Iron Chef Caid, not just Iron Chef
> Altaiva.  It will be the third win in a row.
>
> Æduin, who has all confidence in his Peer
> --

Such a good protege.  'Twould be the third win for Altavia but not for me
personally.  Remember that Duchess Natalya was the Altavian combatant last
August, not I.  [And a close battle it was!  I definately want to
/s/h/a/n/g/h/a/i/ persuade THL Mairin to work with our kitchen on our next
major feast.]

Some wags on the Caid list are suggesting that Caid select its Crown by an
Iron Chef combat, and that I should win.  [Yah, right.]  Rav actually
suggested a chili cook-off, which I initially pooh-pooh'ed, but upon closer
examination of Cervantes just might be barely conceivable in the SCA context
with a sufficiently open mind.  [See Food-tomatoes-msg in the Flori-Thingie
for more details.]

Selene