[Sca-cooks] Atlantia's Art's & Science's benny

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Jan 19 14:57:28 PST 2002

Rosine said:
>    Well, as business life goes... they overextended and the store is
> closing. That's the bad news. The good news is that their home store is in
> Charlottesville, where our Kingdom A&S is scheduled, and - AND - that store
> is *twice as big* as the one that's been sucking out all my funds since it
> opened.
>    So save up, come play, and lets go shopping together. I tell you
> honestly, I haven't seen a person in my area who came out of this one
> unimpressed. There was something for even the most blase of non-shoppers. So
> for us dedicated food folks - it's heaven. They have ingredients that I've
> only read about, which is why I'm making free to send this message.

Why is the impression that comes to my mind when reading this of a
school of piranhas going after a carcass? :-)

Wish this were closer. I hope a new one will eventually take its
place for you.

Recently there was some conversation about cheese with elderberry
wine in it. The day after this conversation I was in my local
grocery and saw Derby cheese with Elderberry Wine, so I bought some.
The brand was "Dairy Crest" and says "Imported from England" and
the ingredient list lists elderberry wine and cochineal (color).
$9.99/lb.

An interesting cheese.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net