[Sca-cooks] RE: Cookscon memories

Adler, Chris Chris.Adler at westgroup.com
Tue Jan 22 11:08:34 PST 2002

>>DON'T ask Gunthar to dance and then tell him that one part is
kind of like "Galumph". He gets a bit enthusiastic.

Yers,
Gunthar>>

<delurk>

Your Excellency, you are a graceful galumpher and the Black Alman was a heck
of a lot of fun. I doubt many men would be willing to stand in front of
50-odd people and participate in a dance when they didn't have a clue how to
perform it. Thank you!

Ladies (and gentlemen), it should be noted that in addition to kindly
obliging a lady's fervent wish for a dance partner in a thin-aired climate
where few gentles were willing to exert themselves, The Evil List
Administrator also insisted on serving Nanna and myself (his immediate
dinner companions) from each platter of food before he fed himself. He's
pretty darn courteous. Funny, too!

The cook con was a total blast. The talks were fascinating. I especially
enjoyed Mary Denise's table settings presentation, and Cindy's proposal for
an online database of period cookbooks is an incredibly useful idea. Devra
once again offered an array of excellent books, and she's a great
conversationalist. The meals were both thoroughly delicious and impressive.

I eagerly look forward to Cook Con III!

<relurk>

Katja

Chris P. Adler