[Sca-cooks] food as art

Ligessac ligessac at wingsisp.com
Wed Jan 23 21:58:03 PST 2002

Being a bit new to doing feasts for the SCA, having only done a handful, I
have only had one feast with bad coments that I took to heart.  I had
someone helping me in the kitchen who had several years resturant
experience, and I got less complaints about a couple of chickens I
partially undercooked, than I did because he put parsley on more than half
the dishes.

when I do a feast, I try to put some thought into complementing flavors,
and textures, and I stagger simular ones away from each other when I can
for serving, (throwing a veggie between meats, or something light after a
'hearty' dish)

Though I still hold onto my favorite compliment from my first feast, I was
leaving the kitchen when people were starting to wander out, and I overhear
a goodly lord on his way to the privy exclaim 'Oh God, I'm stuffed' which
made me feel better about the feast then any other comment could have.

Ligessac De La Ombrage Bocage, Midrealm
'Lord Chocolate'