OOP Egyptian bread, was [Sca-cooks] Period Islamic breads

Dana Huffman letrada at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 17:28:18 PST 2002

Since you seem pretty knowledgable about Middle Eastern
breads, I'm hoping you (or someone on the list) can advise
me.  I have a (modern) Egyptian recipe that calls for
"crisp local bread."  Any idea what this might be called
outside Egypt, or what I might be able to find that would
do?  The recipe is for Fatta.

TIA

Dana/Ximena

--- lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
> 20th and 21st
> century experiences of eating and cooking a wide range of
> modern Near
> Eastern cuisines in various parts of the US. I have eaten
> in
> restaurants that were aimed at serving their Near Eastern
> communities, rather than stylish restaurants aimed at
> non-Near
> Eastern diners. I have eaten at Levantine and Armenian
> church
> bazaars. I spent a month travelling around Morocco and
> Andalucia. I'm
> saying all this so it is clear that my experience is
> broad and not

> Anahita

=====
Position available for sig. line.  Must be team player;
B.A. & 1 year experience preferred.  Temporary; may include
evening and weekend hours.  Please send resume and three
references to letrada at yahoo.com.