[Sca-cooks] Maryland Stuffed Ham

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Jan 27 05:40:38 PST 2002

bonneoftraquair at netscape.net wrote:

 > so, I'm trying to catch up on old posts and I come across this
 >

 >> Maryland Stuffed Ham (the party of the third part being referred to
henceforth as "stuffed ham") is a stuffed ham dish indigenous and more
 >>or less peculiar to Maryland.
<snip>
 > and I'm thinking that someone was transcribing recipes from 'the
 > good huswifes jewel' and posted a recipe for stuffed ham.  Or am I
 > imagining that?  If I didn't imagine it, how's it compare with this?

I think what happened is that we got sidetracked (that never happens.)

As I recall, we were discussing recipes from TGHJ, and Baroness Kiri
mentioned some food hygeine/safety issue in connection with one of the
recipes, and mentioned in passing a suspect batch of Maryland Stuffed
Ham someone had made for an event: I don't recall if people got sick or
what, but then, of course, someone who shall remain nameless but whose
initials are S.l.R. ;-) asked about this mysterious Maryland Stuffed Ham...

I don't recall ham appearing in any stuffed form in TGHJ, although of
course that's no guarantee.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy