[Sca-cooks] Question to the Group

Elaine Koogler ekoogler011 at home.com
Sun Jan 27 05:59:27 PST 2002

I don't think so.  I've eaten "trout" here in the US and I've eaten salmon
in Scotland and they bear absolutely no resemblance to each other....unless
the designations have changed over the centuries.  Trout can be either fresh
or salt-water and is a white-meated fish.  If salt-water, my memory tells me
that it's a fairly "fishy" tasting meat as well, whereas the fresh water
trout, one species being the rainbow, are lighter in taste.  Salmon, on the
other hand, are a pink fleshed fish with a light taste.

Kiri