[Sca-cooks] Re:Trout & Salmon was Question to the Group

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 27 08:23:47 PST 2002

Thank you! I'm saving this...

Now, would you also know about the "salmon trout"? I used to do seafood
demos, and that one was always interesting...  it has a pink flesh that
resembles salmon, and customers would look at me and tell me I had
misidentified it! But it was a much  smaller fish, seemed a bit leaner,
and had a slightly different taste. A bit less assertive than salmon can
be. Quite nice itself. It might be related to or a variant of the
rainbow trout, which can also be pink... (and get the same customer
reaction). I, of course, was simply being handed cooked filets and told
what they were, so I didn't get as much background as I might have
liked. (Did read a fish cookbook at one point, libraries are wonderful,
but there was a lot of information to absorb all at once.)