[Sca-cooks] peapod, peasecods, codpiece

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 08:40:30 PST 2002

--- Olwen the Odd <olwentheodd at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >Better peapods than a squeaky toy, or have I ever
> told
> >you THAT story?
> >
> >Phlip
> >
> I haven't heard that story.  Care to share?
>
> Olwen the curious

Ah, well, I looked where Stefan suggested, in the
Florilegium, and didn't see it, so I might as well,
since you asked. Names are being avoided to protect
guilty as well as innocent.....

In the MK, at a certain event, there was a dance and
costume focus, and a friend of mine showed up wearing
his very period Tudor, with functional codpiece.
Unbeknownst to him, another gentleman had showed up,
wearing a non-functional codpiece into which he had
inserted a squeaky toy.

My friend, henceforth known as the victim, and who is
exclusively gay, therefore was rather nonplussed, to
say the least, when a lady to whom he had not been
introduced, properly or otherwise, walked up and gave
his codpiece a hearty squeeze. She certainly got a
squeak, but perhaps not the one she had expected.....

It seems that the lady's friend had run into the
gentleman with the squeaky codpiece, and told the lady
about it, but since the gentleman with the squeaky toy
was not in sight, had told her to go and squeeze his
codpiece when she saw him, so she did- unfortunately,
the wrong codpiece. She was, od course, horribly
embarrassed, and the victim told me that to this day,
she won't look him in the eye.

The incident nearly caused a split-up between the
victim and his lover- not because of a mundane matter
such as jealousy, but because the lover was laughing
so hard, that the victim was not getting the sympathy
which he felt he deserved.

The moral of the story is of course, that gentlemen
should make sure the squeaky toy is in their own
codpieces, rather than that of another, if they wish
to avoid close encounters of the hysterical kind.....

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,