[Sca-cooks] black sugar

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Tue Jan 29 19:08:13 PST 2002

Interestingly enough... today after I got to work...
I thought I would try to dissolve some of the Turbinado Sugar that we
use in our drinks in iced water.  (I mean sugar takes forever to
dissolve in cold things so how can we use it in our smoothies other than
it being pulverized?  I was thinking that we should still have a grainy
texture of the sugar evident and I knew that it wasn't.)  My discovery
was that the Turbinado actually dissolved in Ice Cold Water after about
10 minutes. (Stirred every 3 minutes.) ((Please note this time could
have been 15 and every 5 minutes...)) Sorry I was working and we were
busy!  I still found 15 minutes a remarkable time for the sugar to
disolve as I have had tea sit all night and never get sweet since the
sugar just resettled to the bottom.  (Yes I am a Southern Boy and Yes we
Like it that way!!!) LOL   So it might not be a news flash for anyone
here, but I found it interesting that the Turbinado actually worked
better than refined sugar.
Just thought I'd let ya'll know.
Nichola

I wrote earlier today...regarding Turbinado...