Duck bones, and other parts (Was Re: [Sca-cooks] Meaning of life)

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Wed Jan 30 12:07:06 PST 2002

>I think you folks have all gone quacks.

"have gone"?  Ha!  Olwen my friend, we were there a long time ago.

>Speaking of quacks, I just came back from the Maryland Hotel Supply Co with
>their product catalog.  It lists duck bones as one of the products.

Duck bones are good to make duck stock.  Yummy stuff.

I also just got a call in for fresh duck foie gras.  $39/pound, which is
fairly decent as far as prices go.  It'll go in a foie gras and armagnac
terrine.  Not quite period, but rather good.  A little rich is all.

And no, foie gras is not at all like liver, or liverwurst.  I've promised
Iago a taste of it.  I kinda owe it to him (thanks for da ramp).  Finn, of
course, will also have a chance to taste some of it, with brioche, which
*she* will be making :-)

This is going to be sooo good :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire