[Sca-cooks] Tiger Recipes?

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Wed Jan 30 17:22:44 PST 2002

    When I was in Hong Kong back in the '70s, I was treated to what was
considered a fabulous dish - tiger penis soup. It was reputed to do wonders
for one's libido, and was very popular with rich older roués. Being a poor
younger roué, it wasn't that I really needed it, mind you . . . While I
wasn't paying for it, I was given to understand that the soup was about a
months wages for me. I didn't think it was all that great, TBRH.
    I remember seeing tiger parts all over - every apothecary had an
unbelievable assortment of animal parts in stock. Bones, organs, teeth,
claws, skins, you name it. There had to have been thousands of tigers being
raised in backyard cages all over the place. I thought they were pets at
first, until someone explained to me that they were being raised for
slaughter, and they used everything but the roar.

    Sieggy