: Duck bones, and other parts (Was Re: [Sca-cooks] Meaning of

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 20:50:45 PST 2002

--- Kim Schab <madchefla at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Nah foie gras of any kind don't taste like
> liverwurst...until you make it into pate :)
>
> And what's wrong with liverwurst anyway?
>
> Alessandra
> (munching down on the liverwurst and onion sammy)

Ah, some folks just think they don't like liver- and
can't say as I blame them, considering how horribly
I've seen it cooked. Many have the same problem with
lamb, for the same reason. You notice, the Yuppies
have changed the name of any liver presentation to
"pate" so they think they're eating something uncommon
and elegant....

So what else do you have on your liverwurst (might it
make a difference if they called it liverbeste?)
sandwich, besides onions? I love them with a rich dark
mustard, with maybe a smidge of horseradish, on a nice
dark rye or pumpernickel. Maybe a few chunks of a very
sharp cheddar on the side.... And a bit of fruit, a
pear or an apple.... Jeeze, I'm getting hungry.....

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,