[Sca-cooks] re:steam bun question

Ginny Claphan mizginny at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 09:20:21 PST 2002

Philippa wrote:
I did the steam thing but unfortunatley they came out chewy and doughy so I
was disappointed.
Oh well... back to the drawing board.
Phillipa
==
What was your intended result? Did you want something less chewy/doughy?
Perhaps longer steaming time is in order? or use more filling?

When I've made steam buns en masse for parties, I used Bisquick baking mix. I
get similar results as the prepackaged steam bun flour mixes I've seen at the
asian markets. OK, I admit it's a shortcut, but dim sum for 25+ is labor
intensive! (memo to self: must get started for next couple of weeks.The Year of
the Horse is nigh.)

Keep trying, Philippa! :)
Cheers!
M. Gwyneth