[Sca-cooks] The masculine name Misha, was The rock

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com
Thu Jan 31 13:31:41 PST 2002

In a message dated 1/31/02 11:41:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lilinah at earthlink.net writes:

<< Errr, ummm, Misha is a male name. It is a diminutive for Mikhail, i
 believe. I know several female Mishas, but that's because of an
 American misunderstanding along the lines of every "foreign" name
 ending in "a" must be female.
 (Both Sasha and Misha are Slavic diminutives)>>

Yep. The literal translation of Misha would be Mike, which is my mundane
name. Originally, I had the name Vladimir Misha Ilich Grigor'ev, but it
didn't work out so i've decided to take the herald's advice and shorten it to
Misha Grigor'ev. And there is a American misunderstanding with many Russian
diminuitives. My name that I started out with the society, Nikita, is a
diminuitive of Nikolas or Nick in English but the famous TV show "La Femme
Nikita" had the question pop up many times to me "Why do you have a girls
name?" Jeez. You would think TV shows would learn about a cultures
nomenclature before naming characters. Did not know about Sasha though. Very
interesting.

<<Of course, i know Misha himself will have something to say to this :-)>>

You know me very well not to miss a chance on this! :D

<<And, Vladimir, there's plenty of room at the Rock for you - it's got
 a hot tub, if i recall correctly - and the password is "Cuskynoles"...

 Anahita
 who is a female whose name ends with "a" >>

Indeed. I visit The Rock myself too many times. Plenty of stiff drinks there,
as I heard. I can't drink, since i'm under age :).

Misha
Male last time he checked.