[Sca-cooks] Handle pix

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 4 21:32:08 PDT 2002

> Stefan-

I asked Stefan (after looking through the Florilegium
myself) :

> Do you have the link to Cindy's page of medieval
kitchen pix? Otherwise, do
> you know of any pictures of medieval handles on
skewers particularly, but
> any shape of metal handle where the business end was
likely to get quite
> hot?
>
> Making a tandoori skewer for Hroar, in exchange for
one of his chafing pots.
> Want to try for authentic shape- culture not
important, but if I'm using
> Pure Iron, I might as well go the rest of the
way.....

He looked, and he doesn't, and can't find Cindy's URL
either. I KNOW I put it as a favorite.....

Anyway, as you can imagine, Stefan is now interested,
too, and, while I can improvise- there are any number
of functional, comfortable designs- for my friend
Hroar, I'd like to do something special.

Any help you can offer, I'd really appreciate.

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,