[Sca-cooks] A little something...

Jones, Craig Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au
Sun Jul 7 18:34:49 PDT 2002

>If I am depraved, it's not the humidity (or lack of
>same)....<g>...probably just the influence of the folks on *this* list,
>especially ;-P

Whaaaaaat???  we're not that bad, are we? :-)

>Re: custards and fruits and caramel...I was just trying to think of
>something that you could possibly top your little custards with, and
>what came to mind (visually) were these nifty little tarts a restaurant
>in town used to do, that had various fresh fruits on top...a sliced
>strawberry, or a fan of kiwifruit slices, or some blueberries.  They
>usually had a thin glaze of some sort over the fruit.  Hence the
>suggestion....

Yes, I'm entirely familiar with those.  They are pretty good.  The glaze in
question is 95% of the time apricot glaze.  But, as I said, I wasn't making
fruit tarts :-)  The caramel was going to be crumbles, but it never got dry
enough to break..

Thanks for trying to find a solution though ;-)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Shire of Forth Castle
Meridies
mka