[Sca-cooks] medieval Japanese [food] for the total novice..

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Jul 9 13:13:45 PDT 2002

I volunteered to help a friend with food for a Japanese event. She's done
some of the research, Juliana is going to be helping with this and knows
about Japanese food, but I'm just feast brain and chopping appliance, 'cos
I don't know the first thing about Japanese food (ok, other than a little
bit about modern sushi-- enough to pick out the bits I will eat-- tempura,
and seaweed soup with noodles. In other words, I'm an occasional
consumer).

I know it's a tall order but would the people on the list who do Japanese
medieval stuff be willing to give me a sort of survival precis on what
sort of foods we're looking at so I don't feel like a complete idiot? I'm
talking about a basic lists of 'they ate [these proteins, these starches,
these veggies]" kind of thing would be helpful.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
	"Index your brain."