[Sca-cooks] Favorite pickles (was vinegar)

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Jul 11 06:27:19 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/11/2002 8:46:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mooncat at in-tch.com writes:

> What's your favorit type of pickle, anyone?

I like all sorts of cucumber pickles. Last year I discovered dilly carrots
(baby carrots pickled with dill), and this year, I found the same company is
making pickled brussels sprouts!  Little teeny ones, marble-sized, and either
a sweet pickle or dill.  I tried both, and preferred the sweet, but they were
both good.  They also have a ton of other sorts of vegetable pickles,
including cauliflower, and pickled garlic, but the one thing they don't have
is pickled onions (which is a shame, as my father loves them, and they are
hard to find).
The company in question is called Jake & Amos and is based here in Lancaster,
PA.  Unfortunately, the only bottle of their stuff I have at the moment has
had part of the label soaked off (I like my carrots cold, which means sitting
the bottle in ice water when camping), so I can't give you the address. I
suspect it is either a Mennonite or Amish-run business, so I am not certain
that there would be a website available.

Brangwayna Morgan