[Sca-cooks] OOP wedding catering - alfredo in chafing dishes?

M.C. Grasse grasse at mscd.edu
Thu Jul 11 09:21:24 PDT 2002

Greetings the list

This is OOP, but food related, feel free to respond privately if you think
it would be more appropriate.

I have been asked to cater a mundane wedding luncheon for 40; half the
wedding party is flying in from Japan.  I had chosen a menu that is
American/continental but with Asian touches [will post below].  Then the
groom specifically requested Fettuccine Alfredo be served also.  This meal
will be served buffet style.  I have access to several covered chafing
dishes but not enough, so I will prep my food in the aluminum disposable
pans in 2 batches and keep the second half warm and serve when the first is
empty.
The lunch is in the groom's mother's back yard, so I have access to a home
kitchen only.  I plan to pre-cook most things and just re-heat at the site.
I am hoping for feedback on how forgiving Alfredo is? (I read the recent
thread, gleaned a recipe and will make a test batch this weekend, as I do
not normally eat heart-attack-on-a-plate.)  And for how feasible the rest of
my menu/undertaking sounds to those who have either done this sort of thing
before, or have catered/cooked professionally.

Menu for Mike and Eriko's non SCA Wedding:
Beef Tenderloin in a Shitake Wine Sauce
Chicken Breasts in a Miso Sauce
White & Wild Rice
Fettuccine in an Alfredo Sauce
Honey Ginger glazed Carrots
Sesame-Soy Broccoli Florets
Cucumber Salad

Thanks for all the feedback, and sorry if anyone feels this is OT for the
list.

In Service to the Dream, and catering by default,
Gwen Cat