[Sca-cooks] Re: welcome back was I hate olives

Peldyn at aol.com Peldyn at aol.com
Fri Jul 12 10:17:22 PDT 2002

(sputters) Spoon tease!! Really, I don't have a recipe, I just make it! First
I make homemade chocolate pudding using about 4 cups of milk,  while that
cools I make homemade raspberry sauce that is merely fresh raspberries
sprinkled with sugar and let sit until they get juicy. I drain off the juice
and thicken it a bit with cornstarch and toss the berries back in. While that
also cools. I sprinkle lady fingers with Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum and line
a trifle dish with them. Then I beat a couple packages of cream cheese
together with sugar, lemon juice and lighten it with some whipped cream.
First layer is chocolate pudding, then the cream cheese mixture, some
raspberry sauce, more chocolate pudding, the rest of the raspberry sauce and
top it all off with whipped cream. I pop it in the fridge to set up a bit and
serve it after dinner. There are never any leftovers! My store just started
carrying the Ghiradelli Ground Chocolate and I am going to try it in the
pudding next time I make it. As for quantities, I just taste until it is
"right". I will have my daughter help me write down how much I use next time
so I will have a real recipe for you guys.
Peldyn