[Sca-cooks] Medieval Cuisine at WW

Rob Downie rdownie at icenter.net
Thu Jul 18 10:47:27 PDT 2002

We just recently got back from Warlords & Wariors in the Principality of
Northshield, Midrealm.  It's starting to look so much like a mini
Pennsic, it's frightening (you have the lake, the barn opposite the
merchants, we were camped on the  mini serengheti again...).

Some of the culinary highlights from the event(from my point of view)
included:

The Showcase of Cooks,Brewers, and Vintners on the Friday night.  I
presented  a sotletie of Pommes Doryes hung on a tree branch decorated
with parsley leaves (sorry Olwen, no pictures - I was working on the
meatballs till 2am the night before leaving and didn't get to assemble
the whole thing until just before the Showcase).  There were many other
talented gentles presenting their culinary creations, but I didn't get a
chance to see them.

A class on humoral theory taught by Kudrun the Pilgrim, who I believe is
also on this list - Hi Kudrun! (waves enthusiastically). Congratulations
on your award for teaching!

HRM Alys is also currently doing a Royal A&S progress along with Their
Highnesses of the Midrealm and Her Highness of Northshield throughout
the Principality of Northshield.  The Food on display at the first stop
of the progress in the Shire of Rudivale was amazing!  I got to bring
home a fistful of documentation handouts too.

I has such a good time, I just had to share :)
Faerisa