[Sca-cooks] Italian menu for 15th April

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 19 05:39:16 PDT 2002

After doing everyone elses I decided to do my own.
Considering the amount of fish served I doubt I can
afford to make it anytime soon.
Helewyse

Giovedi a di XV
Antipasti
Uva passera, insalata di fiori ramerino, bottarga
trinciata, prugnoli con pan unto, anguilla grossa
arrosta, & cefali in graticola.
Allesso
Ombrini pasticci di tartarughe alla Francese, minestra
di fava infranta, alice, & savor bianco.
Fritto
Spinacci, linguatolle, gambarelli, latterini, telline
cavate (cauate), limoni trinciati, & olive.
Frutte
Torta di spinacci, melerose, carcioffi, pignuoli, &
finocchio.
Collazione per la sera
Insalata fratesca, radicette tenerine, budelorbiin
tocchetto, tartuffi stufati & finocchio.

Friday the 15th
Antipasti
Grape plaice (Plaice (a flat fish) with grapes), salad
of rosemary flowers, bottarga (a sort of caviar made
from mullet) chopped small, preserved (?) plums with
greased bread, large eel roasted, & grey mullet (or
chub) cooked on a grill over the fire.
Boiled course
Bearded Umber fish (latin name Umbrina cirrhosa)
losenges of ?tartarughe? French style, dish of fava
beans broken (crushed), anchovies, & white sauce.
Fried course
Spinach, linguatolle (a species of flat fish), prawns,
fresh water sardine (latin name Atherina hepsetus),
cockles extracted (without shells), chopped lemon and
olives.
Fruit course
Spinach tart, pink apples (?), artichokes, pine nuts
and fennel (seeds)
Meal for the evening
Monkish salad, tender roots, sausage lumps, stewed
truffles, and fennel.