[Sca-cooks] lugging ice vs. electric refrig

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Mon Jul 22 20:28:40 PDT 2002

Olwen said:
> Sounds like you all need to come and see how things are done at House
> Blackstar.  Yeah, we have one guy that runs to town for some stuff, but most
> of it is hauled in and kept either in a "freezer" with dry ice or in one of
> the dozen or so coolers.  Last year we had one of those dorm refrigerators
> but when asked if it should come back, the answer was it was too much
> trouble to keep it level!

You are saying it is more trouble to level the refrigerator once and
be done with it, than it is to haul bags of ice down the hill? At
least it's not haul the ice up the hill.

Yours is one of the few camps with access to electricity. I'd like to

have for simple things like charging my cell phone or digital
camera (which eats batteries).

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net