[Sca-cooks] Re: Animal Fats (Was: Schmaltz)

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Jul 24 05:46:34 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/23/2002 12:05:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
selene at earthlink.net writes:

> Between that and the modern medical knowlege that animal fats are bad for
you,
>  schmaltz' days were numbered.  Let's face it, the traditional Ashkenazy
diet
> has probably killed more Jews throughout the centuries than Hitler and
Haman
> combined, and much more insidiously!  This, says the woman who just had a
> last-hurrah meal of kishka and stuff before seriously contemplating the low-
> carb Atkins diet again. Urgh.

If you're looking into Atkins, then you'll find that animal fats aren't
nearly so bad as they've been telling us. The human body requires a balance
of fats to run properly. It is, if anything, the imbalance of fats that might
be causing problems, along with the refined carbs and hydrogenated oils we've
been wolfing down because they're "low fat".

Corwyn "You can't argue with the blood pressure meter" Wodewarde

To be humble to superiors is duty,
   to equals courtesy,
   to inferiors nobleness.   __ Richard Saunders (Ben Franklin)