[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP--'Full Serve' in Oregon

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 1 11:09:54 PDT 2002

--- jenne at fiedlerfamily.net wrote:

> I'm not sure it's the people of Oregon not knowing
> it that the government
> of Oregon is worried about. On either side of the
> NJ-PA border you'll find
> signs reminding drivers of certain rules of the road
> that people on the
> other side of the border tend not to follow
> routinely. :)

S'OK. When I went for the test for my CT driver's
license, my testor was also a transplanted Buckeye,
and we amused ourselves by discussing the manic
drivers around us. I remember one time, I pulled up at
a stop sign at a blind corner, then, after stopping,
eased forward until I could see there was no one
coming, and some yahoo jumped on his horn because I
didn't leap out into the intersection. Sorry, folks,
I'm of the opinion I'd rather get there, than get
there in a hurry (maybe) and I didn't really think my
passenger wanted a car in his lap- never mind,
Margali'd have killed me if I wrecked her new car, and
to blazes with the driving test.

People around here drive like crazy folks, most of the
time. I'm surprised there aren't more accidents,
between speeding ridiculously on narrow curvy roads,
and taking their halves out of the middle. If they
want to do that, let them go to the racetrack- but
then I doubt they have enough self-discipline to be
successful at that, either.

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,