[Sca-cooks] I hate olives...

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Wed Jul 3 20:32:02 PDT 2002

At 11:19 PM 7/3/2002, you wrote:
>...and therefore I am at a loss when choosing olives for a feast.
>How to I tell which are the "good" ones?  Are canned or jarred
>olives acceptable?  If I buy them fresh, where am I likely to find
>them for a decent price?  (The deli counter at the supermarket
>does not seem like a good bet.)

You can't get fresh olives...  Fresh olives are picked off the
tree.  Olives you get are brined.  I've tried eating olives "fresh" and it
really sucks, whereas a good olive well brined is good.

Depending on the supermarket, you can get pretty decent olives there.  Used
to pick up some real decent stuff at the local Jewel-Osco in Chicagoland.

>And, of course, I want olives appropriate for Spain.

Saddly, I'm not familiar with Spaniard stuff.  Greek, I have a good handle
on, but not Spain :-(

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Shire of Forth Castle
Meridies