[Sca-cooks] Verjuice substitute?

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 4 16:46:56 PDT 2002

>I was browsing through the shelves of a middle eastern grocery store and
>came across a bottle labeled "ripped grape juice".  The ingredients
>listed sour grape juice as the main component.  Has anybody tried to use
>this stuff as verjuice, or is it completely the wrong flavour?
>
>Faerisa

Well, I went looking for mine and turns out I couldn't find it.  Anyway, I
get stuff at the Middle Eastern market labeled sour grape juice.  It is not
well filtered, oh, let me go look in the fridge..bet it's there..hold on,
well, not there, must be at Alainne's.  Anyway, the stuff I get labeled like
that, the only ingredient is sour grape juice.  It tastes the same as any
verjuice I've had.
Olwen