[Sca-cooks] I hate olives...

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Fri Jul 5 10:40:37 PDT 2002

Brighid ni Chiarain asked:
..and therefore I am at a loss when choosing olives for a feast.
How to I tell which are the "good" ones?  Are canned or jarred
olives acceptable?  If I buy them fresh, where am I likely to find
them for a decent price?  (The deli counter at the supermarket
does not seem like a good bet.)

And, of course, I want olives appropriate for Spain.
<<<<

Well, I'm not sure how many of your questions are answered in
here, but might look at this file in the FOOD-VEGETABLES section
of the Florilegium:
olives-msg        (41K)  5/ 8/02    Period olives. Processing fresh olives.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/olives-msg.html

Stefan li Rous