[Sca-cooks] fresh figs- sideline OT

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sat Jul 6 06:36:59 PDT 2002

At 08:04 AM 7/6/02 -0400, you wrote:

>>--maire, sorry to hear that Lainie's sick (was the food "bad," dear, or
>>was it a sensitivity thang? I'd be more than willing to eat your share
>>of anything curried, if it's the latter case! ;-)
>
>It could just be a combination of the design/definition of Indian
>food, in which onions and garlic and oil are definite food groups.
>And this can easily be pushed over the edge by any of a number of
>factors, making these foods deadly, as anybody familiar with enough
>American fast food can attest. The difference is that Indian food is
>a lot better at tricking you into eating more than a bite or two
>without making you feel sick, which White Castle and Burger King
>haven't figured out yet.

Actually Master A, I think it had a lot to do with having used (*gasp*) a
packaged spice mix in the interest of convenience. It was genyouwine Indian
spices with badly translated instructions and there was bits in there that
I did not recognize visually or tastewise. I should have known better.

BTW- there was some things in there that I initially though were lumps of
spices that weren't breaking up, and then realized were plum-like objects.
Were they tamarind? it was on the ingredient list but I had assumed it was
smooshed or something.

Still with a sore and somewhat rebellious tummy,
'Lainie