[Sca-cooks] RE: Male vs. female cooks

Den-Ter Leather denterleather1 at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 8 12:45:50 PDT 2002

> > But I would say that the reason why there are more male chefs than
> > female ones is pretty similar to the reason why there are relatively
> > few female firefighters.

Actually the reason there are more male chefs than female is do primarily to
the fact men are inheirently better cooks.  They tend to have a stronger
insight on the relationship between dead meat and an eatable course. Between
hot water and filling broth. Why when was the last time you saw a woman
considering whether a pig would look better with an red or green apple in
its mouth when served? Not only that but consider the simple fact of the
clothing worn by a chef. A male of course has the proper "Hat" fine tailored
jacket (buttoned down the left side of cousre, and no unsightly buldges from
mammary accouteiments) and of course the attitude! It is more important to
have the attitude than to actually be able to cook. A man with the proper
attitude is "arrogant, self posessed, dominanering, and absolute authority.
A woman displaying these same personality traits would of course just be
"bitchy" and sufering from PMS!  A male chef wielding a cleaver is merely
making a strong statement where a female doing the same thing would be
considered dangerous!  Another reason is of cousre the relationship between
the "Chef" and the fires used to prepare the foods. Women simply do not have
the understanding of fire that men do. When it the last time you saw a woman
pour two gallons of gasoline on a firepit to get it started?  My point made!
Lastly of cousre it is the deep routed sexual realtionship between a man and
food, women tend to think of food as suppliment to the needs of proper
nourishment, stable diet and  health. Whereas a man looks at a full course
meal somewhere near a sexual experience and in many ways more gratifying.
Afterall sex for many men does not last for hour and a half whereas a seven
course meal does.  The only dishes that a female would have any sexual
connotations in preparing would be mountain oysters or the equalivent. And
we all know what those thoughts would be. SO in conclusion, it is very
easily understood why men make better chefs than women.
THE afore writtien idiocy was meant as a satire on the concept that men or
women are better chefs. The ability to be a good chef rests not on what you
were born with as sexual organs but what you have in your heart and skill in
your hands and knowledge you have aquired and practiced as well as your
commitment to the craft. BUT I figured to write this as last paragraph since
the first would get the blood pressure about as high as it goes in many
folks and decent stress training is hard to find outside a feast  kitchen at
the average event:) GOTCHA!!!!

YIS, Elric who knows just as many Great female chefs as male....