Harmless food was Re: [Sca-cooks] Most important factor?

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 8 13:11:23 PDT 2002

Poisoning the judges is definitely bad!  Properly maintained,
judges can be recycled.

Define "harmful elements" though.  Lead is obvious.
Some ingredients possess varying levels of "harm" to
others.  I really don't want hempseeds in my house,
since cannabis is still illegal in the US the last time
I checked.  Asofoedida is just plain nasty in
amounts larger than a pinch - think "fetid" -
although it appears in ancient and modern recipes.
I'm still mulling over the inclusion of the herb Rue, which is
severely contra-indicated for women who are pregnant
or who may become pregnant, but mostly harmless to anybody
else.  What do you think?

Selene