[Sca-cooks] RE:harassment was Male vs. female cooks

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Jul 9 06:02:40 PDT 2002

> 'Lainie is absolutely correct. The misinterpretation arises in the
> distinction between "same-sex sexual harassament" and "homosexual advances".
> While the latter is undeniably a subset of the former, the former may not
> always be the latter - and the latter has no independent legal standing.

*blink* I really hope that you've got latter and former mixed up here, as
'homosexual advances' are NOT a subset of 'same-sex sexual harrassment'.

In fact, same-sex sexual harassment can be something other than sexual
advances, if I remember correctly what I learned in the sexual harrassment
training classes.

For instance, for someone to make sodomy jokes in the workplace about a
gay male co-worker would be harrassment on the subject of sex/sexual
preference; for a gay male to refer to a co-worker as 'one of those damn
rabbits' when the co-worker has a child would be harrassment on the basis
of sexual preference.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
	"Index your brain."