[Sca-cooks] Re: The Voice!

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Tue Jul 9 11:31:41 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/9/2002 12:15:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Somebody
writes:

> If you don't have, and understand, "Command
>  Tone", don't go in the cage.

I have it, I don't understand it. It comes out when needed. Case in point,
once coming out of court my Champion was holding the Baronial sword a bit
high and it caught on a ceiling fan, causing it to fly back and nick his
brow. He was obviously embarrassed and when we were out of the hall he made
as if to walk away.

I wanted him to have it looked at and said, "Why don't you come back and let
the Chirurgeon look at that?" No response, he kept walking... "Awww, C'mone,
it happens to everyone..." No response, still walking... then "STAND WHERE
YOU ARE!"... He stops, I tell him to turn around in the same tone, he does,
and we went and got the cut cleaned and bandaged. Later I and the rest of the
men in the group put on bandages in the same place to show our sympathies <G>.

Now if I could only reproduce that at will <G>.

Corwyn

To be humble to superiors is duty,
   to equals courtesy,
   to inferiors nobleness.   __ Richard Saunders (Ben Franklin)