[Sca-cooks] Loud Voices ansd Volunteering

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 23:22:04 PDT 2002

--- A F Murphy <afmmurphy at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I've only even been to a couple of events - haven't
> even seen what one
> does. But I know Tasha is looking for criers for
> Pennsic - she says it
> is a good way to get around the site and see what is
> going on - and I
> might volunteer for that. It might be a way to try
> it out.

Let me suggest to ALL going to Pennsic that you
volunteer for something. Every job at Pennsic needs
volunteers. If a loud voice and a long walk is not
your thing, A&S, Troll, Handicapped Services,
Security, Waterbearers and Chirurgeons all can use
your help, trained or otherwise.

Most are really good people to work with, too. Since I
started helping as a Chirurgeon, I've met loads of
great people in and out of the Chirurgeonate, and I
now work a shift almost every day I'm at Pennsic.

If it were just paid staff, Pennsic would be much more
expensive, and not nearly as much fun as it is. The
Coopers are great, but it really helps that when you
have a problem, most of the people you'll deal with
are SCAdians, who usually understand a bit better our
little quirks and eccentricities.

Volunteer! You'll love it!

Phlip

=====