[Sca-cooks] No Cook Recipes

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jul 10 05:52:33 PDT 2002

Also sprach Kekilpenny at aol.com:
>The next kid's gathering we are planning will be Middle Eastern in nature.
>Tassel making, period games, cooking, etc. (My biggest hope is to find a
>dancer to give us a lesson.) Anyway....
>
>Someone once mentioned they had a "no cook" Middle Easter cookie recipe. Does
>this ring a bell with anyone? Folks gather at my house and the kitchen can
>get crowded quickly so "no cook", outdoor grilling (adult cooking), etc. Any
>easy kid friendly recipes would be appreciated.

The no-cook ME cookie sounds like hais, which is a paste made from,
IIRC, dates, oil, and bread crumbs, rolled into balls. See Cariadoc's
Miscellany for a worked-out recipe.

You might also roast a bird or beast, and get some flatbread, and
then set the kids going with some of the uncooked sauces as
accompaniments.

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER