[Sca-cooks] OT:::::BOSTON CHOWDER

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 10 18:42:13 PDT 2002

--- Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:
> --
> Add potatoes, cut small or cream or both to make it
> thicker/
> Phillipa

Hey, cuz ;-) Potatoes and cream will help thicken a
tater soup based chowder, but have you ever tried
using really thin mashed potatoes as a thickener? I
like doing that for a chowder, because you get good
thickening, but the flavors remain potato, milk,
butter, pepper, and seafood. Flour or corn starch
always add their own flavors.

Phlip

> > Kinda on the same subject....I am looking for a
> good recipe for Boston Clam
> > Chowder. The real thick creamy stuff.
> >
> > I have a recipe for one that is more of a soup,
> but I like the thick better.

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,