[Sca-cooks] Re: was vinegar now favorite pickles

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 11 11:55:42 PDT 2002

Peldyn wrote:

> Every one really liked the green tomatoes pickles I canned one year. We had
> had a bumper crop of tomatoes and the got an unseasonable freeze. To save all
> those green tomatoes I spent an entire day pickling them. The recipe is not
> period, so I will only post it if anyone wants it.

Oh go ahead.  The worst that could happen is that we could use it on a period
veggie instead - Gasp!  I posted mine, and it wasn't documented in period either.

That's the second time this week I've heard that "green tomatoes are eaten when
there's an early freeze."  The first time was when I looked at all our new
'maters and asked hubby Jared if I ought to make him Fried Green Tomatoes, but as
it turned out it's not quite the right season yet.  <shrug>  Yankee girl learns
something every day.

Selene, Caid