[Sca-cooks] Favorite pickles (was vinegar)

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 11 11:56:35 PDT 2002

Anne wrote:

> That sounds wonderful! Thank you! I've loved the cold Middle Eastern
> yogurt based cucumber soups - so refreshing - and I can't wait to try this!
>
> Hot pepper - Korean?

Yes, ma'am.  I'm a pepper wimp so I have been known to leave this out.

I discovered the soup about 2 years ago at the local Bulgogi joint.  It tasted
unbelievably good on a sweltering day, so I knew that it had to be the mineral
content.  Like with Gatorade, if it tasted that good it had to have something in it my
body really needed.  So, I surfed the net till I found a recipe that seemed to
reproduce the restaurant's soup.  Aside from one snide comment about "pickle juice" it
seems to go over well at tourney time.

Just a kook at heart <G>
Selene, Caid