[Sca-cooks] I hate olives...

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Jul 11 19:03:05 PDT 2002

I was thinking about this thread the other day when I ventured into my
favorite local deli (Worden's) for a rootbeer and a sammich for lunch.
They had 8? or more tubs of all different kinds of olives in one of
their cold cases, so I scooped up a few from a couple of the tubs, and
took them home with me.
Now, mind you, I'm blaming this on all of you guys, because I've always
just preferred your cheap black canned olives (I really despise the
spanish ones with pimiento...blech!), but durned if these olives weren't
really, really good.  My favorites were these really big (monster
concord-grape sized) green Moroccan olives, that had lemon and garlic in
the brine with them (not a marinade...no feel/taste of oil or vinegar).
There were also some little tiny black ones, with an almost rounded pit,
from Spain, I think....nummmmm.....
I'm corrupted by this list, I tell you, completely corrupted.....I had
the olives for dinner with some fresh sliced mozarella and tomato, which
I'd drizzled with a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and topped
with my own chopped basil.....*sigh of repletion* ;-)
--maire