[Sca-cooks] I hate olives...

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Thu Jul 11 21:27:16 PDT 2002

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa said:
Many people like them, among those who like olives, so if you have to go
that route, it's not a disaster. (I can't say they are flavorless, since
they definitely have a flavor I can't take too much of myself. But I live
in a group full of olive fiends.) At Christmas, Sam's has a special on
black/red olives, jarred in brine. But they only have them at Christmas,
and I forgot again to get them.
<<<<<<<

After olives were discussed on this list several times previously, I;ve
been occasionally buying different types to try them. This is the first
time I've seen "red" olives mentioned. It sounds like you are talking
about olives that are actually red as opposed to black or green, rather
than the red being what they are stuffed with, usually pimento pepper.
So, more details on these red olives please. How are they processed and
where are they from?

I will try to remember to keep my eyes open at Sam's in the upcoming
holiday season but as you mentioned it may be hard to remember. I'm
also planning on buying various different apples to try them, when
they come in season but again there is the problem of remembering to
order them at the appropriate time.

Stefan

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net