[Sca-cooks] RE: Tomato evidence

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Sun Jul 14 12:33:48 PDT 2002

Adamantius wrote:

> How about the Epulario? (I don't have a copy...) It was translated
> into English either before, or not long after, 1600, and is plainly a
> period, post-Columbian, Italian cookbook.

1598.  I've got a copy sitting here, and I've read through most of it.
I don't recall there being much in the way of new world foods mentioned.
Perhaps turkey.  Not tomatoes, or I think that I would've noted it with
interest.  One of these days, when I finish the Good Huswifes Jewell,
I'm going to start transcribing Epulario.

Yours,

Katherine

katherine at infotrope.net  http://infotrope.net/sca/