[Sca-cooks] Happiness is a plate of sausages

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Sun Jul 14 17:51:48 PDT 2002

Molli Rose said:
>> The other day I treated myself to a new toy -- the sausage stuffer
>> attachment for my KitchenAid mixer.
>
> We watched "Mario" the other day and he was making sausages. Both my husband
> (who is fringe..way..way fringe SCA) and I both said..."We gotta try that."

Perhaps some of the information in these files in the FOOD-MEATS

section of the Florilegium might be of interest to you and your
husband. I've bought myself a cheapo sausage grinder/stuffer and
hope to make some of these period sausages myself.

sausages-msg     (104K) 10/31/00    Period sausages. Making sausage.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/sausages-msg.html

sausage-makng-msg (28K) 10/31/00    Sausage making techniques. Supplies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/sausage-makng-msg.html

There are a number of useful hints and ideas in the second one. Like
how much fat to add, how to avoid breaking the casings, how to tie
the links and a number of recipes and redactions. But unfortunately,
not the answers to Lady Brighid's questions. Yet.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net