[Sca-cooks] garlic chocolate chip cookies

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Mon Jul 15 21:53:34 PDT 2002

> Be sure to let me know how they turn out.....
> --Maire, Pennsic-less once again <*sigh*>
>
> Olwen the Odd wrote:
>>
>> How about you make those for Pennsic cooks list potluck?  I love chocolate,
>> I love garlic.
>> Olwen whose brain is singing, "I love candy, I love candy.."

Well, I'm not sure which "you" Olwen is referring to (me, Maire, or
Phlip) but I think I'd rather try my hand at making something period
for the SCA-Cooks pot luck. The last two years haven't worked out.
Maybe I should do what I did the first year and make it at home
and bring it. I did candy then so maybe Olwen would like that. It
was the pine nut candy brittle stuff. The only real problem I had
with it was the humidity.

A number of new candy and dessert recipes have been added to the
Florilegium and there's probably more in the cookbooks I've bought
since then. I think I will invest in a candy thermometer though
before I attempt candy again.

I'm still not all that confident of judging the different candy

stages.

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net