[Sca-cooks] chowder - OOP

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Jul 16 12:35:26 PDT 2002

Also sprach Pixel, Goddess and Queen:
>Wasn't it Diamond Jim Brady who said of the sauce for (IIRC) Sole Meuniere
>that he would eat a Turkish towel if it (the towel) were covered with it
>(the sauce)?

I remember the statement being made, but not which sauce it was. The
sauce for Sole Meuniere is a pretty simple light brown butter with
lemon and parsley, IIRC. For some reason I don't recall, I found
myself trying to remember those details earlier this morning; I must
have seen some reference to sole meuniere in print.

>I've been reading American food history again. ;-)

You could do a lot worse. Like any other country (including France)
we have some things to be a little embarrassed about, but overall our
culinary history is pretty glorious.

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER