[Sca-cooks] Feast Procedural Question

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 16 13:11:31 PDT 2002

Greetings,

For my part, I have done - to date - two feasts. Both feasts took me at
least two to three months to plan and had extensive revisions from my
initial idea to my final menu.

If you are willing to function under the provisions placed upon you then I
wish you the best of luck and offer any assistance I can provide (you have a
great deal more experience than I but I will give you any of the redactions
I have done).

That said, if I had volunteered to cook a feast and then received the
requests that you have then I would politely tell them to find another cook.
If a Baronial head commisioned an Illuminated scroll for their tournament
would it be accepted that they request not one, but three different (fully
executed) designs for the scroll? And then reserve veto rights over the
colors & styles chosen to paint the scroll.? I do not think so! Crafting a
feast menu is as much of an art as any of the arts in the SCA. To attempt to
exert that kind of control is ludicrous.

While my response might not be as civil as Master Adamantius's I will stand
by it.
I look forward to reading the rest of this discussion.

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva