[Sca-cooks] OT : OOP Chicago

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Tue Jul 16 14:34:29 PDT 2002

At 08:50 PM 7/16/02 +0000, you wrote:
>I'll be in Chicago most of next week for a meeting any suggestyions of
>things I just shouldn't miss?

The Art Institute on Michigan has an armour collection, if you're into that
kind of things :-)

If you like blues and jazz, there are all kind of places to go to.  Buddy
Guy's place is neat, and he actually hangs around there a lot, my wife got
hugged by Buddy a few years back, after sharing drinks.

There are a few listmembers there you might want to bump into.  Finnebhir,
you there?

Of course, there's Charlie Trotter's, which is a little over rated, yet
quite interesting for fancy dining.

Don't pay the $35 to get on top of the Sears Tower.  Not worth it.

The rose garden in Grant park (just behind the Art Institute) is really
rather magnificent.  They redesigned it three or 4 years ago, and while at
that time it looked pityfull, last time I was there it was getting really
great.

Hope this helps, have fun :-)

Muiredach