[Sca-cooks] Re: culinary standards was RE: Tomato evidence

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Jul 16 17:18:55 PDT 2002

Also sprach johnna holloway:
>As to if or when the recipes were used, there is some evidence that
>certain ones couldn't be cooked from because parts of the text were left
>out when the works were typeset. It's always interesting to see what
>corrections are made with the later editions.

It also seems likely that some recipes or described processes did
not, or could not, ever take place. Was it Digby or Plat that
mentions the sides of beef or mutton being dragged through seawater
behind the ships, with the idea that the seawater would preserve them?

Hey, has anybody else yet been exposed to the Martha Stewart gags in
the Men In Black movie? Yes, folks, our suspicions have been
confirmed...

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER