[Sca-cooks] About Pennsic Parking: Fwd: Paid Parking

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Jul 17 06:06:16 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/17/2002 2:41:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

> Wow. Now this comes across to me as a rather brusquely worded, if not
> a bit rude letter. A bit of explanation as to why this change or who
> ordered it would have helped to temper this a bit. And oh yes, please
> do not reply, because I don't want to deal with any complaints or
> concerns, etc. :-( An alternative address or a message that one would
> be set up, would show some caring.

I know Thorolf; it's in his nature to be a bit brusque, but it doesn't mean
he doesn't care.  It may be that he is trying to get the info out ASAP while
dealing with his own feelings about the matter, and keeping it short and to
the point so as to remain civil about it.  That is just a speculation, of
course.  As far as the "do not reply" tag, I don't think it has anything to
do with not wanting to field complaints; I have had a number of messages sent
out from this year's Pennsic staff which have come from an address that one
could not reply to; they frequently say "please do not reply to this address"
with official communications.  It seems rather a side effect of however they
have set up their email system, that some addresses are used only to mail out
info while others receive and mail out, for the same staff member.  This
seems a bit odd to me, but perhaps they had some reason for it.  Certainly
any of the staff members either I or my husband have contacted have been
courteous and helpful and have responded in a very timely fashion.

Brangwayna Morgan